Tasty Places to go and Try

First things first- I went to Memphis! I had a lovely time with an old friend and we got to eat some delicious food.  She is a fellow foodie so it was perfect.  Of course we had to get barbeque in Tennessee so we headed over to Central BBQ.  I had been here before on a previous trip to Memphis and enjoyed it so was happy to go again.  Last time I got ribs (what I ALWAYS get at BBQ places) and they were divine- I would definitely recommend them.  This time around I decided to branch out and get the BBQ Nachos.  Also a very good choice.  We got a side of mac and cheese for the babes and some potato salad which were both very yummy.  I would highly recommend this BBQ place and will definitely go again next time I'm in Memphis.  


We also went to the famous Arcade Restaurant for a delicious breakfast.  And the thing to get there is the sweet potato pancakes.  They were sooooo good.  Both my friend and I got them and both give them two thumbs up.  So I guess four thumbs up? As you know, I love breakfast food and always enjoy an opportunity to go out for breakfast. 


Now back to St. Louis.  We went to Steve's hot dogs- the Tower Grove location the other night because first of all, it is on our block, secondly, it has outdoor seating and the weather has been ahhhhmazing, and thirdly we have been here before and love it.  So I was happy to go back and feature it on my blog and instagram.  I have tried multiple things there and all have been good.  I will say though, that this hot dog that I got this time is probably the best one I've had yet.  I got the Imo's sausage dog (you can get whatever kind of dog you want, but ummmm yes please to Imo's sausage!) With a white alfredo rigatoni on top with bacon crumbles and parmesan cheese.   Holy cow was it good! And soooo bad for me.  They have lots of great choices- including the Bacon Bacon Jamaican which my husband got and I have had before.  Delicious.  They also have macaroni and cheese bowls which are delicious.  Good eats and a good price too!

I absolutely love asian food and am always on the hunt for delicious Vietnamese food.  I got a recommendation to try Bahn Mi So 1- the home of the best spring rolls in St. Louis and it was really good! I got the crispy pork spring rolls and thoroughly enjoyed them.  We also split a bahn mi pork sandwich and a chicken curry dish.  Unfortunately my pictures of them did not turn out, but they were very very good! The best part was that it was so affordable! The bahn mi sandwich was only $3.50.  Yes please! 


Now my next recommendation has been my favorite place I've eaten at recently.  But as I've said before, Italian sandwiches are like my thing.  I went to Gioia's deli where they are famous for their hot salami.  First of all- the service was excellent.  We walked in and the staff gave us recommendations as well as a sample of their famous salami (yum!). Gioia's is located on the hill.  I ended up getting the Italian Trio sandwich which was TO DIE FOR.  Love at first bite.  The meats were mortadella, Genova and the hot salami served on garlic cheese bread and garnished with lettuce, tomato, onion, pepperocinis, mayo, oil and vinegar and provel cheese.  As a true St. Louisan, I had to get the provel cheese :) And it was all delicious.  I'm already wanting to go back.  My husband got the porknado which was hot salami, bacon and ham on garlic bread.  Also delicious- especially with the sriracha mayo and jalepenos on top.  


I met up with a girlfriend for lunch the other day at Russel's on Macklind.  I had heard this place was really good and wanted to give it a try.  I got the chicken pot pie soup and the grilled chicken and smoked gouda toasted sandwich.  Both good choices.  The chicken pot pie soup was my favorite especially with the biscuits dunked in.  The sandwich had caramelized onions on it and garlic mayo which made it very tasty.  


We also indulged a little and got dessert there.  My friend got the luxurious chocolate cake which tasted as good as it looks and I went for the classic gooey butter cake- also a good choice.  We were both pleased with our experience at Russell's!


Let me know if you have recommendations for restaurants! I love trying new places and visiting old favorites. :)

Love,

Grace

You Might Also Like

0 comments